School SITE Council
- Parents or guardians of pupils enrolled in the school. A parent or guardian who is employed by the school district may serve as a member of the school council if the parent or guardian is not employed at the same school where the parent or guardian's child is enrolled.
- Non-certified employees.
- Community members.
- Pupils, if the school is a high school
- The principal of the school.
The SITE Council shall make decisions for the site that pertain to school-wide issues that include but are not limited to: Discretionary Site Budget; Use of non-designated tax credit funds: The school improvement plan. The council is a group of parents, staff, members of our community, administration, and students (at the high school level).
This oversight is not only helpful, but also necessary as many of the decisions that are made require feedback and oversight.
If you wish to get involved, please contact the site directly. To review previous agendas/minutes, please visit the About Us section on the individuals site's page. Open Meeting Law applies; All meetings of any public body shall be public meetings and all persons so desiring shall be permitted to attend and listen to the deliberations and proceedings. A.R.S § 38-431.01(A).
- ARS: 13-351
- Policy: CFD
- Open Meeting Law requirements apply: 38-431.01(A)
- Guidelines for the Public School Tax Credit Funds
- SITE Secretary to alert their families/staff of the SITE council meeting date/time at least 24 hours prior, but ideally in the weekly communication that goes home/out, on their Facebook page, and on their website.
- SITE Secretary to send Site Council agenda to Communication Specialist & Executive Assistant to the Superintendent at least 24 hours prior.
- Communications Specialist/site Admin Secretary post on website, Facebook, in a visible spot on campus and in the window of the front of the District Office at least 24 hours prior.
- High School and Middle School shall hold SITE council meetings monthly.
- Elementary Schools shall hold SITE council meetings at the least quarterly.
- Minutes need to be shared with the site's local Admin Secretary as well as the Executive Assistant to the Superintendent to be saved for future Reference.