Morning Pick Up Responsibilities
* Have your child fully clothed, toileted and ready at the pick-up location 5 minutes before pick-up time. Drivers and Aides are not responsible nor allowed to dress, groom or feed your child.
* Accompany or have a responsible mature person accompany your child to the bus in the morning.
* Please call 759-5190 1 hour prior to your child's pick-up time or the night before, if you do not need transportation. Leave a message if you call during non-duty hours.
* Do not allow your child to board the bus with any food either in their hands or in their mouth.
* Let the Aide know of any short-term health problems.
Afternoon Drop Off Responsibilities
* You or a designated responsible mature person should be at the stop 5 minutes before the bus is scheduled to drop your child off unless you have given written permission for your student to remain at home unsupervised.
* Students who are not met will be taken back to school if the school is still open, otherwise, the student will be taken to the police station and Child Protective Services may be called. You can contact your local authorities.
* If you have any concerns regarding transportation for your child, please contact the Transportation Department at 759-5191.
* Moving to a new address or permanently changing the pick-up or drop-off location may result in the assignment of a new bus or time change. Please allow 3 - 5 business days for the change to become effective.
Special Needs Driver and Aide Responsibilities:
* The driver is responsible for driving the bus safely, transporting the students and staying on schedule. They aide the bus assistant with the handling and care of the students.
* The drivers have been instructed not to honk their horns at bus stops, so please do not ask them to. Students must be ready and waiting outside.
* Drivers and Aides have current training in CPR; first aid and proper wheelchair securement, as well as emergency evacuation skills for special needs students.
* Bus Aides secure seat belts, wheelchairs, and other passenger safety devices.
* Drivers and Aides are trained to administer or seek emergency medical help when needed.
* Aides are not to go to the door or upstairs with students. Someone designated by the parent/guardian must meet the child at the bus.