It’s More Than a Meal Application!
The free/reduced priced meal program affects a variety of areas unrelated to school meals, including school funding, college application fees, SAT fees, sports fees and MORE. Even if your child doesn't plan to eat school lunches, it is important to fill out the free/reduced priced meal program application to ensure our schools and families receive the available resources.
ALL HUSD FAMILIES ARE BEING ASKED TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION OR TO CHECK THE BOX TO OPT-OUT OF THE FREE/REDUCED MEAL PROGRAM
• You may obtain application forms from your school site office or at the Child Nutrition Office, located at 6411 North Robert Road in Prescott Valley AZ. 86314 or at any school cafeteria or school office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to fill out an application for each child?
No, you can fill out one form for multiple children in the same household.
- Who will know that our family submitted an application?
Our system is confidential. Even if your child qualifies and chooses to eat lunch in the cafeteria, the breakfast and lunch process is the same as a student who is paying full price.
- Do I still need to fill out a form if I qualify for other state benefits?
No, if you have received a letter from HUSD Child Nutrition stating that your child qualifies for free meals.
Yes, if you are receiving state benefits but have not received a letter from HUSD Child Nutrition. Receiving state benefits does not automatically qualify your child for free meals.
- Do I have to list a social security number?
If you do not have a social security number, check the box that states that you don’t have one; otherwise you only have to give the last 4 digits of your social security number which is kept strictly confidential and not shared with any organization or persons.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider
Free language assistance, auxiliary aids, and/or accommodations are available upon request